One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Deprived of or without a mother or maternal care.‘when these unmothered monkeys finally became mothers their behaviour towards their offspring was unmaternal’
- ‘This displaced mourning makes the unmothered daughter assume the burden of the mother's disowned grief.’
- ‘Estes leads us past the gates of the conscious mind, to discover the unmothered child within.’
- ‘The Wakley Mesh Mothering Pen is a specially designed cage that helps match unmothered lambs with foster mums.’
- ‘In personal relationships, the wounded and unmothered inner child collapses very easily if not attended to.’
- ‘And he turns his back to the stable door, whence a faint breeze tugs at his shirt: the breath of a storm brewing, that means to keep him in cold, unmothered wakefulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.