One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not composed in or using metre.‘an unmetrical poet’
- ‘Beyond figuring out why they are unmetrical in a narrowly analytical sense, you may want to read them in the context of the poems, thinking about what effect these lines have within the poems.’
- ‘A simple harmonized melody for singing the unmetrical texts, principally the psalms and the canticles, of Anglican services.’
- ‘During this period of the baroque and classical styles, we have to distinguish ornaments that are fully written out in regular notes, those that are indicated by symbols, be they abstract signs or little unmetrical notes, and those that do not appear in the score but are expected to be improvised by the performer.’
- ‘The b - verse is unmetrical unless I am is contracted to ‘I'm.’’
- ‘It is just an unmetrical doggerel written in an incorrect language.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.