One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not orderly and systematic.‘his inability to locate the source of the trouble resulted in unmethodical chaos’
careless, slapdash, slipshod, lackadaisical, disorganized, haphazard, unsystematic, hit-or-miss, untidy, messy, thoughtless, inattentive, heedless, hasty, hurriedView synonyms
- ‘Until recently, reading instruction for deaf children in our country took place in a rather unmethodical way with little emphasis on word recognition.’
- ‘His clocks were besides ill-regulated, and his system of registration unmethodical.’
- ‘Tucker's writings are diffuse and unmethodical, but marked by humour and quaint illustration and comment.’
- ‘Very many stupidities also result from this; for the most urgent discoverers have unmethodical minds.’
- ‘A formal inquiry chaired by Jean Ritchie QC also found that there was "something slapdash and unmethodical in his character - an element of seeing what he could get away with".’
- ‘Unwilling, unprepared and unmethodical, they're watching the planet go down as if they're watching some dull, futuristic movie.’
- ‘According to Dr Gerard McMahon, lecturer in HR management at the Dublin Institute of Technology, the use of unmethodical, biased and inefficient recruitment practices in Ireland are costing employers dearly.’
- ‘Unknown Dorset. Being a series of unmethodical Explorations of the County .....’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.