One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not having a pleasing tune; discordant.‘the songs are pompous, earnest, often unmelodic’
- ‘This isn't a song but an unmelodic jumble of morbid nonsensical words without structure or a chorus.’
- ‘The piano comes in with an incredibly unmelodic chromatic skittering.’
- ‘It is decidedly unmelodic, yet somehow catchy.’
- ‘"Dissonance" concentrates on the raw unmelodic potential of the electric guitar, reveling in its string pile-ups and escalatory flights of uncontrollable feedback chaos.’
- ‘A great deal of the singing is unmelodic to these Western ears.’
- ‘He didn't make life easy for himself by choosing a selection of rigorously unmelodic, rhythmically thorny music by Ligeti.’
- ‘Rather unmelodic blocks of sound bump against one another, brutalizing the rhythm as it pushes through the song.’
- ‘The song is no more than an abstract series of words and phrases over unmelodic piano and static for four minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.