One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
whole, entire, complete, unbroken, undamaged, unharmed, uninjured, unimpaired, unflawed, faultless, flawless, unscathed, untouched, unspoilt, unmutilated, unsevered, unblemished, unmarked, perfect, pristine, inviolate, unviolated, undefiled, unsullied, in one pieceView synonyms
- ‘Granite - a single slab, unbroken and unmarred, smoothed by Sun and Rain, hugged by Salal and Fir where it met surrounding Cliff, with Fern and Moss feathering it as it touched Pool's edge.’
- ‘These provide a house-party ambience in comfortable surroundings with the opportunity to walk, ride or drive to see game in total unmarred privacy.’
- ‘Sergeant Martin Jones of Stow police said the day itself had been unmarred by any serious incident.’
- ‘His tail is like a river running through my plush, emerald green carpet, an image seared into the back of my brain for all time, like a photograph taken with a digital camera, perfect and unmarred in my memory.’
- ‘Winter's complexion was light, creamy, and completely unmarred by the terrible barrage of acne that most unlucky teenagers had to deal with.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.