One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He saw that if a woman rejected him, it was because of her fears rather than because of his inadequacy or unlovability.’
- ‘Schoon's book, by contrast, has a lot of grainy black-and-white photos to show the increasingly tatty state of the cities, and the unlovability of the out-of-town dwellings sold by members of the House-Builders' Federation.’
- ‘The city then was reeling from a perception of unlive- and unloveability but was fighting back with a massive PR campaign.’
- ‘And sentimentality plays its part; compared to the rote admissions of insecurity and unlovability by showbiz types, there is something rather touching about these pitch gladiators' self-awareness.’
- ‘No experience of suffering, of loneliness or of unlovability we may have gone through or may yet go through can ever destroy that capacity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.