One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Release Crown land to be used for small farms.‘the administration would press forward with legislation to unlock the land’
- ‘Advocates of "unlocking the land" faced formidable obstacles.’
- ‘Policies were adopted to unlock the land as part of the reforms seen as essential to equalize people in a liberal society.’
- ‘The champions of this legislation saw it as a means of "unlocking the land" from wealthy squatters.’
- ‘Colonial governments answered this call in their 1860s development rhetoric of "unlocking the land".’
- ‘Increasingly she used her renown to intervene publicly on a range of issues, including "unlocking the lands" of pastoralists.’
- ‘Campaigning to unlock the lands, he attacked the pastoralists' "ruinous monopoly".’
- ‘The group took over only weeks before councillors voted to unlock the land.’
- ‘The movement to unlock the lands and settle them with small farmers was, in part, a demand for the abolition of official privilege.’
- ‘Demands for unlocking the lands emerged as the main opposition to the market-based nostrums of liberal political economy.’
- ‘In the early years of responsible government, much of the legislatures' efforts were taken up with the stated objective of "unlocking the land".’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.