One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The unlikeliness of all this was heightened by the fact that Mangan was a yuppie.’
- ‘But if you think about it, the story's unlikeliness is pretty apparent.’
- ‘Apart from the sheer unlikeliness of this, I think Johann Hari's vision of salvation through rationality is an illusion itself, and a profound mis-reading of human nature.’
- ‘I know of an example of this happening in life (the older mother getting off with the daughter's bit-of-rough boyfriend), but the casting here (Daniel Craig and Anne Reid - both marvellous) tended to emphasise its unlikeliness.’
- ‘Despite the unlikeliness of the heroes it doesn't contain a nuance of irony (which is perhaps why Kurt Russell as Brooks can wear plaid jackets without looking retro, much less cheesy.)’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.