One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not laid.‘the table was still unlaid’
- ‘We attempted to minimize Darwinian selection by collecting unlaid eggs.’
- ‘Tunes were fresher than unlaid eggs.’
- ‘Moreover, the number of follicles that undergo yolk deposition commonly exceeds number of eggs actually laid, which suggests that unlaid yolks become atretic.’
- ‘The procedure was carried out at the Swanbridge Veterinary Hospital in Hull after the vet's more conventional attempts to solve the problem, where unlaid eggs build up in the abdomen, failed.’
- ‘Attracting females directly would allow growers to eliminate the females and their unlaid eggs and to monitor mating cycles more precisely.’
- ‘It is also believed that no Megalapteryx didinus has previously been found with an unlaid egg still in position within the pelvis.’
- ‘Over the course of a week, animals were observed for internal hatching of unlaid eggs.’
- ‘At death, I dissected each female to obtain any unlaid eggs and counted all laid and unlaid eggs.’
- ‘Stella's sister was an altogether more assertive type and looking through the French windows into the garden, she complained about the unlaid table.’
- past and past participle of unlay
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.