One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without being aware of something; unintentionally.‘every day, we are unknowingly exposed to a variety of pesticides’‘the Minister, perhaps unknowingly, misled Parliament’
- ‘He served his time with the Manhattan Project, unknowingly helping to develop the atomic bomb.’
- ‘The novice engraver wandered unknowingly into a scrapbooking store.’
- ‘His father's dying words have unknowingly directed his life.’
- ‘Suddenly, he finds himself on the side of the labour union he's unknowingly been combating all along.’
- ‘The clinicians were unknowingly transmitting their attitudes towards the medication to their patients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.