One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Julian's chronic unkemptness worried Mother a bit; she was always afraid someone would view him before she could clean him up.’
- ‘Imagine a thin moody moustache is slithering across my upper lip rather than the manly unkemptness that I call my beard.’
- ‘It was all walls of washers and dryers, people looking bored out of their minds, and a general state of dirty unkemptness.’
- ‘His colleagues snicker at the twilight samurai as he leaves, at his shabby dress and general unkemptness as well as his reason for leaving.’
- ‘‘Joe, Joe,’ he'd crackle, his husky voice matching his mussed hair and general unkemptness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.