One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His pale, blond hair stuck out unkemptly, almost looking silvery under the dim light.’
- ‘He had undone his oiled topknot and his graying hair was spread unkemptly upon his long neck.’
- ‘Scientific progress such as this is why apocalyptic cranks like myself run around unkemptly with a hand lettered sign warning of the impending end of the world.’
- ‘I enjoy his waggish, knockabout journalism, and his unkemptly earnest contributions on the BBC.’
- ‘Her brown face was seamed with a hundred wrinkles, and her tangled, grizzled hair fell unkemptly over her shoulders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.