One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not joined together.‘unjoined edges’
- ‘In some cases the two heads of gastrocnemius may be unjoined until their insertion onto the calcaneus and with separation from soleus.’
- ‘They both look healthy, and unjoined, and I can't see any kind of problem forming in the future.’
- ‘The inner carina is thin when present and may be expressed as a line of raised, unjoined, reticulate interspaces.’
- ‘75% of the female population, including unjoined heifers, will attend, with nourishment.’
- ‘For English, as with other languages originating in Europe, a cardinal feature in learning to write is learning to join letters as opposed to leaving them in an unjoined form known as print script.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.