Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Involving one variate or variable quantity.
- ‘The figure below shows a typical screen shot of the univariate demonstration software.’
- ‘We used univariate analysis to identify risk factors for mortality.’
- ‘Cases were compared with controls initially by univariate analyses.’
- ‘Associations with vaccination were analysed by univariate logistic regression.’
- ‘Characteristics of the sample population were analyzed using univariate descriptive statistics.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.