One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An advocate of a unitary system of government.
- ‘But the founders of the Turkish Republic aimed at a unitarist state and sought a cement for this unity.’
- ‘It is this proposal that seems to have most annoyed the unitarists and pseudofederalists.’
- ‘At the end of the 20th century the idea of a unitarist and centralist state died together with Communist rule, while the option of a confederation too was rejected.’
- ‘No wonder that the unitarist legal order of the modern state, with its centralized legislative, executive and judicial institutions, evolved in England.’
- ‘This is a region where integrationists have more support than unitarists and disintegrationists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.