One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An advocate of a unitary system of government.
- ‘At the end of the 20th century the idea of a unitarist and centralist state died together with Communist rule, while the option of a confederation too was rejected.’
- ‘It is this proposal that seems to have most annoyed the unitarists and pseudofederalists.’
- ‘But the founders of the Turkish Republic aimed at a unitarist state and sought a cement for this unity.’
- ‘This is a region where integrationists have more support than unitarists and disintegrationists.’
- ‘No wonder that the unitarist legal order of the modern state, with its centralized legislative, executive and judicial institutions, evolved in England.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.