One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vector which has a magnitude of one.
- ‘The average orientation of a hydrocarbon chain is expressed by a unit vector n referred to as the chain director.’
- ‘As in these studies, we calculated correlation functions as, where P 2 is the second order Legendre polynomial and [mu] are unit vectors along the C-C bond.’
- ‘We have also considered the ordering of water in the vicinity of the bilayer-water interface by calculating the time averaged projection of the water-dipole unit vector onto the interfacial normal.’
- ‘Equation 5 can be written more compactly as Equation 6, where [J.sub.n] is the n-by - 1 unit vector and [J.sub.m] is the m-by - 1 unit vector.’
- ‘We choose here the simplest approximation, given by G = k, where k is the unit vector parallel to the direction of the spine neck and pointing away from dendrite.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.