Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A vector which has a magnitude of one.
- ‘We have also considered the ordering of water in the vicinity of the bilayer-water interface by calculating the time averaged projection of the water-dipole unit vector onto the interfacial normal.’
- ‘The average orientation of a hydrocarbon chain is expressed by a unit vector n referred to as the chain director.’
- ‘We choose here the simplest approximation, given by G = k, where k is the unit vector parallel to the direction of the spine neck and pointing away from dendrite.’
- ‘Equation 5 can be written more compactly as Equation 6, where [J.sub.n] is the n-by - 1 unit vector and [J.sub.m] is the m-by - 1 unit vector.’
- ‘As in these studies, we calculated correlation functions as, where P 2 is the second order Legendre polynomial and [mu] are unit vectors along the C-C bond.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.