Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for identity matrix
- ‘The unit matrix is a unit that provides objects for the common two, three and four dimensional vectors matrixes.’
- ‘The matrix J is a signature matrix of the form where the two unit matrices do not necessarily have the same dimensions.’
- ‘For example multiply the unit matrix by a constant, or use a simple scalar multiplication by the unit matrix to obtain the diagonal elements of a given matrix.’
- ‘For example, the matrices describing the identity mapping and the inversion are orthogonal in any basis, viz the unit matrix and the negative unit matrix.’
- ‘In the case of the unit matrix, we call either column major.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.