One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to a life assurance policy or other investment in which the premiums or payments are invested in a unit trust.
- ‘Firstly, new disclosure rules come into effect in the new year where all charges in relation to investing in life policies and unit-linked funds have to be more explicitly stated and more obvious to the consumer.’
- ‘Typically, one would consider transferring investments such as shares, bonds, and offshore investment instruments (unit trusts, unit-linked insurance policies, and the like) into an offshore trust.’
- ‘As for investors in unit trusts (or unit-linked endowments), they experience the full exhilaration and despair of the stock market's ups and downs.’
- ‘Weak equity markets have hit unit-linked life insurance products, which make up roughly 25 per cent of the company's life and savings product sales.’
- ‘Examples of this method of investing are unit trusts, mutual funds, and unit-linked insurance policies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.