One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to a life assurance policy or other investment in which the premiums or payments are invested in a unit trust.
- ‘Firstly, new disclosure rules come into effect in the new year where all charges in relation to investing in life policies and unit-linked funds have to be more explicitly stated and more obvious to the consumer.’
- ‘Examples of this method of investing are unit trusts, mutual funds, and unit-linked insurance policies.’
- ‘As for investors in unit trusts (or unit-linked endowments), they experience the full exhilaration and despair of the stock market's ups and downs.’
- ‘Typically, one would consider transferring investments such as shares, bonds, and offshore investment instruments (unit trusts, unit-linked insurance policies, and the like) into an offshore trust.’
- ‘Weak equity markets have hit unit-linked life insurance products, which make up roughly 25 per cent of the company's life and savings product sales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.