Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Arranged in or consisting of one series or row.
- ‘Taxa within the group are variously unilocular or multilocular, spherical, tubular or uniserial, and coiled or uncoiled.’
- ‘One isolated uniserial arm trunk with biserial ramules was recovered from the Nada.’
- ‘Some rhipidocystids have standard biserial brachioles whereas others have uniserial brachioles.’
- ‘Within the septate group there are uniserial and coiled forms.’
- ‘Test consists of a spherical proloculus followed by a uniserial arrangement of three-lobed chambers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.