Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Arranged in or consisting of one series or row.
- ‘Taxa within the group are variously unilocular or multilocular, spherical, tubular or uniserial, and coiled or uncoiled.’
- ‘Test consists of a spherical proloculus followed by a uniserial arrangement of three-lobed chambers.’
- ‘One isolated uniserial arm trunk with biserial ramules was recovered from the Nada.’
- ‘Within the septate group there are uniserial and coiled forms.’
- ‘Some rhipidocystids have standard biserial brachioles whereas others have uniserial brachioles.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.