One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She wrote nice things about it and then compared my online presence to my actual presence, unironically demanding to know what had happened to ‘the ranting’.’
- ‘How many hipsters there would have the will - or the gall - to refuse to unironically acknowledge the fabulousness of disco incarnate?’
- ‘You always know you're in trouble when the philosophy of a film is summed up unironically in the climactic high school graduation speech.’
- ‘‘We did not have time for drama,’ he says unironically.’
- ‘Unconscionable facial hair was involved, as were songs in which the male member was unironically compared to a pistol.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.