One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Social history exhibits a similar uninventiveness, for it seems very difficult for social historians to describe anything but improvements, as they move on from decade to decade.’
- ‘The script is rather flaky and unwilling to take chances, following instead the usual formula of uninventiveness with no real plot.’
- ‘Looking good and moving steadily forward, the film nevertheless aches with a simplicity and uninventiveness that makes it hard to excuse the fact this is one of Allen's most enjoyable films to watch.’
- ‘So, I hope you don't mind the uninventiveness with this one.’
- ‘Hopefully my uninventiveness in this introduction will be compensated for via my random spoutings in the poetry section, and probably a few other places.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.