One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Social history exhibits a similar uninventiveness, for it seems very difficult for social historians to describe anything but improvements, as they move on from decade to decade.’
- ‘So, I hope you don't mind the uninventiveness with this one.’
- ‘Hopefully my uninventiveness in this introduction will be compensated for via my random spoutings in the poetry section, and probably a few other places.’
- ‘Looking good and moving steadily forward, the film nevertheless aches with a simplicity and uninventiveness that makes it hard to excuse the fact this is one of Allen's most enjoyable films to watch.’
- ‘The script is rather flaky and unwilling to take chances, following instead the usual formula of uninventiveness with no real plot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.