One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is this Burkean notion of rhetoric, which is necessitated by unintelligibility but activated by intelligibility, which animates the spaces of everyday life.’
- ‘The few lunchtime conversations are dulled into unintelligibility by distance and the general air of lethargy.’
- ‘But the arbitrariness, the unintelligibility, the absolute mysteriousness of totalitarianism are essential to Berman's larger argument.’
- ‘There are few posts that plummet down to the infantile depths of the scale and few that stretch upwards towards unintelligibility.’
- ‘The unintelligibility of this Court's precedent raises the further concern that, either in appearance or in fact, adjudication of Establishment Clause challenges turns on judicial predilections.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.