Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Remove (an application or file) from a computer.
- ‘By design, the Registry does not shrink in size when an application is uninstalled.’
- ‘It often happens that uninstalling an application does not completely remove all program components.’
- ‘Once you installed the program and key file, you could not install either on another computer without uninstalling the key file from the first computer.’
- ‘Instead, his group is asking industry to develop best practices for downloading and uninstalling software.’
- ‘I uninstalled the internet software, uninstalled the drivers, removed the card, cycled the CPU, reinstalled the card, and reinstalled the software.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.