One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a part of the body) not affected by inflammation.‘an uninflamed appendix’
- ‘The usual incision was made, and the tissues found in normal condition down to the peritoneum itself was perfectly uninflamed, and uninflamed small intestine covered the anterior face of the tumor.’
- ‘This type of acne is more common in males and is characterised by multiple inflamed and uninflamed nodules and scars.’
- ‘Colonic mucosal biopsies of tissue from CD patients found abnormally low levels of zinc from uninflamed but not from inflamed tissue.’
- ‘Chronic bacterial prostatitis is difficult to treat because of the poor penetration of antibiotics into an uninflamed prostate.’
- ‘Treatment or lack of treatment had no influence on whether the cyst was inflamed or uninflamed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.