Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a part of the body) not affected by inflammation.‘an uninflamed appendix’
- ‘This type of acne is more common in males and is characterised by multiple inflamed and uninflamed nodules and scars.’
- ‘Colonic mucosal biopsies of tissue from CD patients found abnormally low levels of zinc from uninflamed but not from inflamed tissue.’
- ‘The usual incision was made, and the tissues found in normal condition down to the peritoneum itself was perfectly uninflamed, and uninflamed small intestine covered the anterior face of the tumor.’
- ‘Chronic bacterial prostatitis is difficult to treat because of the poor penetration of antibiotics into an uninflamed prostate.’
- ‘Treatment or lack of treatment had no influence on whether the cyst was inflamed or uninflamed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.