Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having, consisting of, or characterized by only one loculus or cavity; single-chambered.‘unilocular sporangia’
- ‘Taxa within the group are variously unilocular or multilocular, spherical, tubular or uniserial, and coiled or uncoiled.’
- ‘Although foraminiferans are known for certain since the earliest Cambrian, their diversity and variability during the Cambrian is limited to a few agglutinated unilocular genera.’
- ‘A cystic structure detected on ultrasound that is unilateral, unilocular, without a septum or ascites, and less than 5 cm can be followed conservatively with serial sonography.’
- ‘The most common type is the retroperitoneal mucinous cystadenomas, which are benign cystic tumors characterized by a large unilocular or multilocular cyst.’
- ‘The testis was nearly entirely replaced by a thin-walled unilocular cystic mass measuring 2.0 cm in greatest dimension.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.