One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no illustrations.‘a handsomely produced but unillustrated book’
- ‘A note about illustrations: This chapter is unillustrated for a reason.’
- ‘Even if you don't think this warrants reading Waldin's 500 unillustrated pages, you will be hard pressed to avoid the subject in new wine books - and it's not always the zaniest aspect.’
- ‘The novel was serialized weekly in All the Year Round between December 1860 and August 1861, and then, unusually for Dickens, published in three unillustrated volumes.’
- ‘We pay $200 for the Idea of the Month, $100 for ideas with drawings, and $75 for unillustrated ideas.’
- ‘The audience for obscenity, however, remained the rich: a paper-wrapped, unillustrated book cost a Victorian reader twenty guineas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.