One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not illuminated.‘the unilluminated length of the tunnel’
black, pitch-black, pitch-dark, inky, jet-black, unlit, unlighted, ill-lit, poorly litView synonyms
- ‘They are on the unilluminated side of the rings (most of Voyager's observations were on the sunlit side), and are in the same region as spokes that have previously been observed.’
- ‘He turned his attention to a dead body, dragged halfway onto shore, the other half engulfed in the unilluminated black waters of the lake.’
- ‘In fact, out of such a solitary beam, traversing the unilluminated air, we should be able to extract every effect shown by our incipient cloud.’
- ‘The tone is light, but not Shakespeare-lite: no compromise is made on the speaking of the verse; the application of modern directorial techniques maximises the potential in every word and no utterance is left unilluminated.’
- ‘The philosopher John Stuart Mill, whose father had famously educated him on strictly utilitarian principles, knew from bitter experience how defective an education only in skills, unilluminated by compassion, can be.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.