One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Involving flow in one direction (used especially with reference to the flow of steam or gases through the cylinder in a steam or internal combustion engine)‘a uniflow engine’
- ‘Most particularly this invention relates to uniflow steam engines having a novel valving means for controlling the introduction of steam into the cylinders.’
- ‘This was a very successful uniflow engine, and is believed to be the only successful on-road uniflow design.’
- ‘The prototype of the uniflow deduster was fabricated based on the sensitivity analysis.’
- ‘It is important, in using this valve, to have a uniflow shock absorber.’
- ‘Now you can pull out on the uniflow line where it goes over the tubing until the bias on the two lines hold the clunk next to the outer tank wall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.