One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A theory that describes two or more of the four interactions (electromagnetic, gravitational, weak, and strong) previously described by separate theories.
- ‘For the remainder of his life he sought without success a unified field theory embracing electromagnetism, gravitation, and quantum mechanics.’
- ‘His aim was to unite relativity with the theory of electromagnetism and produce a unified field theory - the forerunner of today's theories of everything.’
- ‘There he studied electromagnetic theory and relativity and began to publish on a unified field theory.’
- ‘On the contrary, he wanted nothing more than to find a unified field theory which not only would join together gravitational and electromagnetic forces but also would provide the basis for a new interpretation of quantum phenomena.’
- ‘Klein's hypothesis was yet another crack at a unified field theory, this time in attempt to unify the strong, weak, and electromagnetic forces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.