One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Distinctions can be made between reformist, unificatory, and secessionist types, between revolutionary and counterrevolutionary forms, between successive liberal and conservative variants, and between European and colonial manifestations of nationalism.’
- ‘This form of nationalism is unificatory and corresponds historically with the nationalisms of Italy and Germany in the nineteenth century.’
- ‘To what extent are there laws in biology that function to provide unificatory explanations?’
- ‘Although the ethnic variety of Europe was almost as large during the Middle Ages as it is nowadays, the inheritance of the Roman Empire, and the unificatory interests of both rulers and the Church, did not encourage the emergence of local entities.’
- ‘The many become one because they are drawn into unity by the unificatory activity of creativity, initiated by God, and completed by determinate occasions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.