One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an inherited characteristic or disorder) dependent on a single gene.
- ‘That trial used a unifactorial model for risk prediction and was undertaken before the introduction of statins.’
- ‘Table 1 shows the patients' demographic characteristics, 30 day postoperative mortality, unifactorial and multifactorial analysis.’
- ‘Continuous variables were grouped into subcategories, and unifactorial logistic regression was used to compare these with a reference level.’
- ‘Although preliminary investigations suggested a unifactorial measure of thought suppression, recent analyses point to the presence of two factors: actual thought suppression; and lack of control over thoughts.’
- ‘In other studies we found that, as expected, the multifactorial scales had lower internal consistency estimates than did unifactorial measures such as the Anxiety and Loneliness scales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.