One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an inherited characteristic or disorder) dependent on a single gene.
- ‘Although preliminary investigations suggested a unifactorial measure of thought suppression, recent analyses point to the presence of two factors: actual thought suppression; and lack of control over thoughts.’
- ‘Continuous variables were grouped into subcategories, and unifactorial logistic regression was used to compare these with a reference level.’
- ‘That trial used a unifactorial model for risk prediction and was undertaken before the introduction of statins.’
- ‘In other studies we found that, as expected, the multifactorial scales had lower internal consistency estimates than did unifactorial measures such as the Anxiety and Loneliness scales.’
- ‘Table 1 shows the patients' demographic characteristics, 30 day postoperative mortality, unifactorial and multifactorial analysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.