Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not recognized or identified.‘a picture of an unidentified motorcyclist’
unknown, unnamed, anonymous, incognito, namelessobscure, unfamiliar, strange, mysterious, unspecified, unmarked, undesignated, unclassifiedinnominateView synonyms
- ‘He often goes online, unidentified, and tells others to log on to an interesting interview with a certain actor.’
- ‘Hopkins, a New York artist, had in 1964 seen an unidentified flying object over Cape Cod.’
- ‘The next day, their father read about the body of an unidentified young woman being found on the outskirts of the capital.’
- ‘Police say the vehicles involved were a white Mitsubishi Colt, a red Mercedes and a black, unidentified car.’
- ‘Nine unidentified bodies were believed to be those of the bombers.’
- ‘Crooks is also planning to bring in a third, as yet unidentified, coach as he is looking towards an Alliance team next season.’
- ‘There is a pictorial map of Scotland beside portraits of kilted, dying soldiers from unidentified battles.’
- ‘Novels by unidentified authors have made the bestseller lists before.’
- ‘Walls were stained with an unidentified brown liquid and one bedroom ceiling had been heavily stained brown by smoke.’
- ‘What was it about the unidentified fingerprint at the crime scene that led to this ‘mistake’?’
- ‘Prescott's room was organised by an unidentified property developer.’
- ‘More than a year after his body was found floating in the River Ouse, an unidentified man was finally laid to rest yesterday.’
- ‘Nearby an unidentified skier ran into a 14-year-old Swedish girl and broke her leg.’
- ‘He was sprayed in the face with an unidentified liquid from a can.’
- ‘The brothers were joined in the rescue by an unidentified third man.’
- ‘The others are profiles which are unidentified or require more work.’
- ‘The man, who has not been named, was in a stable condition at an unidentified hospital, the department added.’
- ‘As Jacques Delors once put it, this is an unidentified flying object.’
- ‘The two ended up having drunken sex with two unidentified honeys.’
- ‘According to the unidentified man, the roadside strip was on his land.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.