One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of fishes with a horn-like projection on the head.
an Indo-Pacific surgeonfish (genus "Naso", family "Acanthuridae").
a crestfish with a dorsal fin that extends forward from the head ("Lophotes fiskii", family "Lophotidae").
- ‘It is not necessary that all unicorn fish have a horn.’
- ‘Large schools of unicorn fish and fusiliers gather in the shallow bays close to the coral wall and look out to the blue for the occasional Napoleon Wrasse.’
- ‘With the unicorn fish this curved blade appears like a horn of a unicorn pointing forward from the nose.’
- ‘There are often many unicorn fish and schools of yellow snappers.’
- ‘In some instances, such as when large schools of unicorn fish have been trapped within an encircling net, the fishermen will enter the water and spear the fish that have hidden amongst coral.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.