One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To describe the anisotropy of fluorescence of uniaxially oriented samples, three coefficients of fluorescence anisotropy were introduced.’
- ‘As gels contracted they changed their appearance from semitransparent to almost completely opaque, with uniaxially structured matrix in the central zones of the gels.’
- ‘Second, a tilted series of orientation-dependent spectra of uniaxially aligned samples is analyzed by lineshape simulation to determine the alignment of the 19 F CSA tensor with respect to the membrane.’
- ‘When a tissue is strained uniaxially, the strain factor is the ratio between the average strain along a cell's axis and the average tissue strain resolved in that direction.’
- ‘The resolution of this issue and others will require more detailed x-ray diffraction and spectroscopic studies using uniaxially oriented preparations and, possibly, specifically isotopically labeled materials.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.