One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To describe the anisotropy of fluorescence of uniaxially oriented samples, three coefficients of fluorescence anisotropy were introduced.’
- ‘When a tissue is strained uniaxially, the strain factor is the ratio between the average strain along a cell's axis and the average tissue strain resolved in that direction.’
- ‘As gels contracted they changed their appearance from semitransparent to almost completely opaque, with uniaxially structured matrix in the central zones of the gels.’
- ‘The resolution of this issue and others will require more detailed x-ray diffraction and spectroscopic studies using uniaxially oriented preparations and, possibly, specifically isotopically labeled materials.’
- ‘Second, a tilted series of orientation-dependent spectra of uniaxially aligned samples is analyzed by lineshape simulation to determine the alignment of the 19 F CSA tensor with respect to the membrane.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.