One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Free from pretence; sincere.‘an unhypocritical and honest person’
honest, genuine, truthful, meaning what one says, straightforward, direct, frank, candidView synonyms
- ‘The British team must take its shining medals with a decent and unhypocritical sadness.’
- ‘Among the royal servants are cultured and witty gentlemen, able to tell anecdotes and to quote verses - a jolly and unhypocritical company.’
- ‘For Americans, the words demonstrate their downright unhypocritical winningest spirit.’
- ‘I have no doubt but that Braiden, being the kind, decent, caring and unhypocritical individual that I know her to be, will be respectful of all the women who come into her agency's care.’
- ‘The unhypocritical, honest acknowledgment of sensual life is the acknowledgment of sensual pleasure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.