One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a word or phrase) not written with a hyphen.
- ‘Only one-word unhyphenated whole numbers are permitted, and no number may be repeated.’
- ‘We unhyphenated libertarians look forward to the discussion.’
- ‘We both really wanted to have the same last name, however, so we did a double last name, unhyphenated.’
- ‘Anyone who likes light-hearted, heavy hitting, unhyphenated rock and roll would do well to add People Get Ready to their collection.’
- ‘She travels to Chennai as regularly as Spivak to Kolkata and, like many of these global scholars, inhabits something inclusive and unhyphenated that could be called EastWest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.