One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no accommodation or shelter.‘the poor remain unhoused’
- ‘This is a route littered with stolen cash, broken dreams and dead bodies: a sickening reverse of the hippy trail where the poor and unhoused of Asia head for the prosperity and welfare payouts of western Europe.’
- ‘Reuse of cleared land was often at lower density, inevitably throwing an increment of unhoused people on the private market.’
- ‘Beginning with his distant marriage, an image of Jim's being unhoused, the novel then shows Jim as a child leaving one lost home in Virginia and going to an unknown new one in Nebraska.’
- ‘The naked, starving, unhoused Griffin would, logically, seem to be that way not because of any fatal flaw in his science.’
- ‘The very construction workers who built the city were, as Fry himself noted, ‘underpaid, unhoused, and uncared for…‘’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.