One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Bach combines the presentation of the historical event familiar to us all - Christ's Passion - with a very direct, personal confession of faith and, quite unhistorically and up-to-date, testifies to the experience of human suffering and life.’
- ‘The images on the bookplate juxtapose, rather unhistorically, several images from the career of Downing as a young actor, but, cumulatively, they indicate his ability successfully to mix classical, canonical drama and popular entertainment.’
- ‘On the other hand, by looking at the past mainly, if not exclusively, to find the origins of the superior present, the authors of the grand narrative unhistorically ignored those features of past cultures that were not compatible with a modern liberal West.’
- ‘It portrays the ‘message’ of the past, selected unhistorically, as internalized common sense.’
- ‘The realism debate expresses the converse: the attempt to think unhistorically in an age that did not yet know how to think in any way other than historically (in epochs).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.