Not heretical; orthodox.
conventional, mainstream, conformist, accepted, approved, received, recognized, correct, proper, established, well established, authorized, authoritative, traditional, traditionalist, prevailing, prevalent, common, Popular, customary, usual, normal, regular, standard, canonical, doctrinal, unheretical, conservative, unoriginal, derivativeView synonyms
- ‘Ideas of this kind reflect an acceptable, more moderate, unheretical version of the very traditions which the rabbis found dangerous.’
- ‘Unheretical belief depends upon the process of discovering and confirming the truth.’
- ‘The only heresies he actually mentions are so unheretical that Colet is clearly well within the doctrinal framework of the traditional church.’
- ‘To the alchemist there was no such thing as heresy, while to the Church there was no such thing as an unheretical alchemist.’
- ‘It may have been impertinent but it was surely unheretical to raise the question again in this nuanced way.’