One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not heretical; orthodox.
conventional, mainstream, conformist, accepted, approved, received, recognized, correct, proper, established, well established, authorized, authoritative, traditional, traditionalist, prevailing, prevalent, common, popular, customary, usual, normal, regular, standard, canonical, doctrinal, conservative, unoriginal, derivativeView synonyms
- ‘The only heresies he actually mentions are so unheretical that Colet is clearly well within the doctrinal framework of the traditional church.’
- ‘Ideas of this kind reflect an acceptable, more moderate, unheretical version of the very traditions which the rabbis found dangerous.’
- ‘Unheretical belief depends upon the process of discovering and confirming the truth.’
- ‘To the alchemist there was no such thing as heresy, while to the Church there was no such thing as an unheretical alchemist.’
- ‘It may have been impertinent but it was surely unheretical to raise the question again in this nuanced way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.