One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a garment or piece of fabric) not having a hem.‘unhemmed jeans’
- ‘These vinyl unhemmed aprons are an identical match to the hemmed vinyl apron above; however, they are not hemmed.’
- ‘Nicola absolutely loved it, and ran her fingers over the unhemmed material of the skirt in reverent awe.’
- ‘The pants have a roomy cargo pocket on the right leg and unhemmed cuffs so woman hunters can achieve the perfect fit.’
- ‘Colors black, khaki, navy are available with waist sizes up to 72 and unhemmed inseams up to 39 inches’
- ‘All of our pants are unhemmed, so they can be fitted to proper length.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.