Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a garment or piece of fabric) not having a hem.‘unhemmed jeans’
- ‘Colors black, khaki, navy are available with waist sizes up to 72 and unhemmed inseams up to 39 inches’
- ‘These vinyl unhemmed aprons are an identical match to the hemmed vinyl apron above; however, they are not hemmed.’
- ‘The pants have a roomy cargo pocket on the right leg and unhemmed cuffs so woman hunters can achieve the perfect fit.’
- ‘All of our pants are unhemmed, so they can be fitted to proper length.’
- ‘Nicola absolutely loved it, and ran her fingers over the unhemmed material of the skirt in reverent awe.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.