One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a garment or piece of fabric) not having a hem.‘unhemmed jeans’
- ‘The pants have a roomy cargo pocket on the right leg and unhemmed cuffs so woman hunters can achieve the perfect fit.’
- ‘Nicola absolutely loved it, and ran her fingers over the unhemmed material of the skirt in reverent awe.’
- ‘These vinyl unhemmed aprons are an identical match to the hemmed vinyl apron above; however, they are not hemmed.’
- ‘All of our pants are unhemmed, so they can be fitted to proper length.’
- ‘Colors black, khaki, navy are available with waist sizes up to 72 and unhemmed inseams up to 39 inches’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.