One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Take down from a hanging position.‘unhanging a Turner from the wall, he brought it to the table’
- ‘Chains are a necessity there and Peters is constantly hanging and unhanging it.’
- ‘This cost is generally 50.00 euro for hanging or 75.00 euro for unhanging / repacking.’
- ‘It was the young lord who showed the guest the family treasures, hanging and unhanging them from the wall and talking all the while.’
- ‘When asked about the reasons of the exile, he stands up and unhangs a family photograph from the wall.’
- ‘A village woman, speaking of ghosts, said, ‘you can keep 'em out if you unhangs the door and puts it on the other way round.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.