One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Take down from a hanging position.‘unhanging a Turner from the wall, he brought it to the table’
- ‘It was the young lord who showed the guest the family treasures, hanging and unhanging them from the wall and talking all the while.’
- ‘This cost is generally 50.00 euro for hanging or 75.00 euro for unhanging / repacking.’
- ‘Chains are a necessity there and Peters is constantly hanging and unhanging it.’
- ‘A village woman, speaking of ghosts, said, ‘you can keep 'em out if you unhangs the door and puts it on the other way round.’’
- ‘When asked about the reasons of the exile, he stands up and unhangs a family photograph from the wall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.