One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not grudging.‘he showed her ungrudging courtesy and kindness’
kind, kindly, kind-hearted, warm-hearted, tender-hearted, big-hearted, good-natured, good, gracious, tolerant, benign, compassionate, caring, sympathetic, considerate, thoughtful, well meaning, obliging, accommodating, helpful, decent, neighbourly, public-spirited, charitable, altruistic, humane, humanitarian, philanthropicView synonyms
- ‘No one will ever again be as knowledgeable about every bird species across all of Canada, nor offer such ungrudging and unselfish assistance.’
- ‘Yet in the wake of his greatest disappointment, losing the World Cup final at home in 2003, he delivered a speech to the press full of pride for his own team and honest, ungrudging admiration for the victors.’
- ‘Certainly, the situation worked perfectly against Wales, the pair instantly striking an ungrudging rapport.’
- ‘Moreover, if the compassionate person is an ideal, she must be someone whose concern for another is ungrudging and noninstrumental.’
- ‘What he gives is gracious, whereas what we give is dutiful - which is not to deny that it is enjoyable, heartfelt and ungrudging.’
- ‘I think we're going to have to go to our allies in an ungrudging way and say, what is it going to take to get you guys in this thing.’
- ‘Dragila, who has won every honour possible in her event, also earned the ungrudging respect of the six times men's champion, who had previously been dismissive of the fledgling women's event.’
- ‘Katie looked up at the ungrudging, caring eyes staring back at her.’
- ‘Rather, the first generation of Knights equated American manhood directly with Catholic religious faith and, by extension, the ungrudging performance of familial obligations.’
- ‘What these films have in common is a quiet power, a sense of humor, and an ungrudging respect for their teens in the difficult double transition from ‘straight’ children into gay adults.’
- ‘If a man foolishly does me wrong, I will return to him the protection of my ungrudging love; the more evil comes from him, the more good shall go from me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.