One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not reduced to fine particles by grinding; not ground.
- ‘He brought a coffee grinder and bags of unground fertiliser.’
- ‘This allowed most of the leaf-base tissue to be ground away, leaving the unground portion of the crown clearly visible for removal by hand and subsequent grinding separately.’
- ‘If you can, start with fresh basil leaves and unground seeds when making this tea.’
- ‘There are always three bags of unground coffee.’
- ‘The liquid was yellow, and unground, tiny white flowers floated like water lilies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.