Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Harmful to the environment.‘an ungreen commercial development’
- ‘It really is probably the second most ungreen vehicle on the planet.’
- ‘The first task, then, is to pinpoint the principal reason for France's ‘ungreen’ reputation, and to show why this reputation rests on a fundamental misconception.’
- ‘So, if Apple is one of the ‘most ungreen tech companies,’ where's the evidence?’
- ‘Oh the government could of course make all the ungreen things really expensive by taxes, but that would be like annoying for the little people like us.’
- ‘Tim picks 10 products so ungreen they make him seethe while Ed offers five American eco-nasties.’
- 1.1(of a person) not supporting protection of the environment.‘he is true-blue but ungreen’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.