One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But what's the point in devoting time and effort to what many students would have more or less ungratefully ignored.’
- ‘He dressed himself in loose worn jeans, a t-shirt with some stains on it and a nice, leather jacket he had received both gratefully and ungratefully from his parents.’
- ‘She is being treated dreadfully and ungratefully.’
- ‘Rather ungratefully, Dom casts a cool eye on them.’
- ‘It's an uncomfortable parallel, anyway, since British voters ungratefully booted Churchill out of office once the Second World War was over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.