One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But what's the point in devoting time and effort to what many students would have more or less ungratefully ignored.’
- ‘Rather ungratefully, Dom casts a cool eye on them.’
- ‘It's an uncomfortable parallel, anyway, since British voters ungratefully booted Churchill out of office once the Second World War was over.’
- ‘He dressed himself in loose worn jeans, a t-shirt with some stains on it and a nice, leather jacket he had received both gratefully and ungratefully from his parents.’
- ‘She is being treated dreadfully and ungratefully.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.