One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And then playfully he shunts me with his shoulder, making me step ungracefully into the wall so that even the waiter standing aside holding a stack of dirty plates has to suppress a smile.’
- ‘Sera sighed and sat ungracefully onto the stool.’
- ‘Out of the window, I could see Jonah jogging ungracefully towards our block, all elbows and knees in a tragically unhip white vest, and I realised I'd had a lucky escape.’
- ‘Dragging myself ungracefully to my feet, I froze again, listening for any noise, waiting for anyone to come and check what the commotion was about.’
- ‘Flopping ungracefully out of the tub, he paddled to shore.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.