One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not having any exceptional talents.‘a shy, dreamy, ungifted kid’
- ‘That such an obviously ungifted person was capable of so imaginative a conceptual leap remains a marvel to me.’
- ‘He probably wouldn't be able to heal it with his own ungifted magic.’
- ‘But what about the days you feel like the most ungifted human on the planet?’
- ‘Sports physiologists address such questions as: What distinguishes a sprinter from a marathon runner - and each from the ungifted struggler?’
- ‘Though not ungifted, he lacks his sleek looks, tart delivery, stylish wit, and Englishness.’
- ‘But hey, somebody has to write the songs for those poor, ungifted singers who can't write.’
- ‘The perpetuation of this pleasant, comfortable life, therefore, becomes the goal for which writers - gifted and ungifted - are willing to be a producer's ‘lead pencil.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.