One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not having any exceptional talents.‘a shy, dreamy, ungifted kid’
- ‘But what about the days you feel like the most ungifted human on the planet?’
- ‘Though not ungifted, he lacks his sleek looks, tart delivery, stylish wit, and Englishness.’
- ‘That such an obviously ungifted person was capable of so imaginative a conceptual leap remains a marvel to me.’
- ‘The perpetuation of this pleasant, comfortable life, therefore, becomes the goal for which writers - gifted and ungifted - are willing to be a producer's ‘lead pencil.’’
- ‘He probably wouldn't be able to heal it with his own ungifted magic.’
- ‘Sports physiologists address such questions as: What distinguishes a sprinter from a marathon runner - and each from the ungifted struggler?’
- ‘But hey, somebody has to write the songs for those poor, ungifted singers who can't write.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.