One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
isolated, remote, out of the way, outlying, off the beaten track, in the depths of …, hard to find, lonely, in the back of beyond, in the hinterlands, off the map, in the middle of nowhere, godforsaken, obscure, inaccessible, cut-off, tucked away, unreachableView synonyms
- ‘Even in the limited context of services, the government would rather remain unget-at-able to the two largest trading partners of the country in the medium term.’
- ‘Nevertheless, materials and technologies as used in its construction embody a standard, which for the time being remains unget-at-able in the Lithuanian housing market.’
- ‘George Orwell, who came here to write 1984, described it as ‘an extremely unget-at-able place.’’
- ‘Samalaman was unget-at-able enough, but it had the advantage of being on the mainland and in the heart of a Catholic district.’
- ‘They are usually deepest and most unget-at-able just where critical thought is most needed in morals, religion and politics.’
- ‘She proved unget-at-able, but her litter of 5 were accounted for.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.