One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She may have many excellent qualities, and may do much good, but her ungentleness mars the beauty of her character.’
- ‘I happened to be exalting my voice to enforce order, I was using undue violence, and setting the girls a bad example by such ungentleness of tone and language.’
- ‘I'm trying to find a suitable metaphor for the startling ungentleness with which the world is apparently greeting the triumphant completion of my undergraduate education.’
- ‘In all the long course of his dealing with the life of English society, I can think of but two or three instances of ungentleness.’
- ‘The ungentleness associated with the act of throwing something as precious as a heart to someone as opposed to ‘giving’, also matches the mood and tone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.