One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Surprised by this attitude of greed and unfriendliness, I will confess that I declined to pay.’
- ‘Again, I've found myself in a city where by comparison I start thinking that London's cold, unfriendliness where no-one looks at anyone in the eye is actually rather pleasant.’
- ‘It is generally not regarded as being as friendly as Glasgow - and that is probably true - but Edinburgh's problem is probably reserve, rather than real unfriendliness.’
- ‘The hall inside echoed with cold unfriendliness.’
- ‘To protect themselves from accusations of bullying unfriendliness, these kids are really really nice to everybody all the time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.